If you have a small yard, you may worry that installing a pool is not an option due to space limitations. But fear not—the experts at Aqua Pool specialize in building pools for yards of nearly any size and shape, from small, irregular-shaped parcels to rolling hills. We will guide you through the process of creating pools for yards of all sizes.
As you design your new pool and determine its optimal size and shape, here are a few factors to consider:
- How you intend to use the pool. For example, if you plan on swimming lots of laps, a long, rectangular shape will work best—even if the pool is very narrow due to space constraints. However, if leisure is your primary goal, you’ll have more flexibility in terms of size and shape.
- Your budget. The cost of building a pool can vary significantly based on its size, so your budget can help determine how large your pool should be.
- Space surrounding the pool. The size of your yard and the areas surrounding the pool will likely have the biggest impact on the size and shape of your new pool. Generally, freeform pools—which feature irregular lines and naturalistic curves—work best in smaller yards and most effectively maximize patio space. On the other hand, linear pools with clean lines and angles tend to allow more space and water volume in the pool.
- Type of material that the pool is composed of. There are three main types of pool materials that are commonly used today: liner, fiberglass, and gunite, which consists of raw materials such as sand, cement, and steel. Liner and fiberglass pools tend to be far more restricted in terms of size and shape, while gunite pools—our speciality at Aqua Pool—may be easily customized to suit different backyards.
- How many swimmers will be using the pool. If you have a large family or plan on having lots of guests over to swim, you may want to work with your pool builder to maximize the size of your pool in light of your available space and other factors.
- Maintenance considerations. In general, smaller pools are easier to maintain because they have less surface area to clean, require smaller amounts of chemicals, and warm up in less time if you are using a pool heater. Therefore, if you’re looking to minimize your maintenance needs, consider installing a smaller pool.
With more than 50 years of experience, the Aqua Pool team has designed and constructed pools for properties of varying shapes and sizes. Regardless of the space available in your yard, we will create a luxurious pool customized for your needs. Contact us today to schedule a consultation!