Staying on top of pool maintenance tasks is one of the best ways to ensure that your pool will enjoy a long lifespan and will be clean, sparkling, and sanitary whenever you want to use it. However, maintaining a pool properly requires several different steps, and the process can seem daunting for many homeowners. That’s why Aqua Pool & Patio has put together our online “Pool School!”
With over 50 years of continuous experience in the pool industry, the Aqua Pool team has encountered just about every pool maintenance issue imaginable. At our online Pool School, we’ve compiled detailed guides to answer some of the most common questions, including:
- How do you clean a pool filter? As the central mechanism for keeping your pool clean, pool filters are designed to remove dirt, debris, oils, and calcium from the water—so cleaning the filter periodically is essential for removing these unwanted materials and keeping the system running efficiently.
- How do you vacuum a pool? Vacuuming your pool is one of the most important routine maintenance tasks, as it keeps the water looking clean and prevents materials from gathering on the surface.
- How do you drain the pool? Under certain circumstances—such as when repairs are needed, or when heavy rains have caused the water level in your pool to rise too high—it may be necessary to drain the pool.
- How do you empty the pump basket? After vacuuming your pool, you’ll likely want to empty the pump basket in order to remove any collected debris. This should be done about once or twice a week, depending on how much debris is accumulating in your pool.
- How do you brush the pool? While brushing your pool may seem simple, there is a “right” way to do it in order to ensure that you’re properly removing minerals, algae, and other debris.
If you have any other questions or would like professional assistance with maintaining your pool, Aqua Pool is here to help! Our pool maintenance programs can be customized to provide as much or as little assistance as is needed, from spring openings and fall closings to weekly, monthly, or bi-monthly visits. Visit us online or give us a call at (860) 623-9886 for more information!