From design to excavation to installation, building an inground pool is a major process that will require a significant amount of work to be done on your property. Therefore, it is crucial to choose a reputable company that you can trust to complete the work properly and provide you with a pool that will yield long-lasting enjoyment. Here are five questions to ask as you evaluate different swimming pool installers:
- How many years has the company been in business? As a general rule, disreputable companies that perform shoddy work do not tend stay in business for very long. On the contrary, companies that have been in business for several years are more likely to have a reputation for consistently delivering quality products at fair prices for their customers. At Aqua Pool & Patio, we are proud to boast over 50 years of continuous operation—a feat that no other local pool companies have achieved. Over the decades, we have accumulated extensive experience in designing, building, installing, and maintaining pools for both residential and commercial properties.
- Does the company have a strong reputation among customers? One of the most reliable ways to evaluate a pool company is to ask previous customers about their experiences. A reputable company should be able to provide customer testimonials, as well as references that you can speak with directly.
- Is the company properly licensed and insured? Licensing requirements for pool building companies may vary among different cities and states, so check the requirements in your area and ensure that any company you are considering is in compliance. Additionally, ask for proof that the company carries proper liability insurance and workers’ compensation insurance so that you are protected in the event that a worker is injured or your property is damaged in the process of building the pool.
- What is the company’s reputation in the industry? In addition to verifying customers’ experiences, check whether the company is a member of any trade organizations or has received awards from industry publications or associations that serve as objective measures of excellence. At Aqua Pool, we are proud to have received numerous awards over the years. For example, 2020 marked our ninth consecutive year of being recognized as one of the top 50 pool builders in the U.S. by Pool and Spa News, a leading pool industry publication.
- How do the company’s prices and financing options compare to competitors? When getting quotes for your new pool, be sure that you are only comparing similar types of pool construction and features. For example, a large, inground gunite pool with an array of custom features will likely be in a higher price range than a pre-manufactured liner pool. However, different types of pool materials also have different lifespans (with gunite lasting the longest, by far), so take the pool’s estimated duration and quality into account when setting your budget. In addition, ask the pool companies you are considering about their financing options. At Aqua Pool, we partner with experienced lenders that specialize in the swimming pool construction process, allowing us to offer our customers financing options that include low monthly payments and many other benefits.
As you embark on the process of finding the right company to build the pool of your dreams, the team at Aqua Pool & Patio is here to answer any questions you might have. Call us today at (860) 623-9886 to learn more about what sets us apart from the competition!