If you are drawn to the idea of having an inground swimming pool in your own backyard, but have hesitated due to the construction and maintenance costs that it would present, you may have wondered if an inground pool is worth the investment. Unfortunately, there is no clear answer to this question—deciding whether an inground pool is “worth it” for you will depend on a variety of factors, such as your family’s needs, interests, budget, and property.
At Aqua Pool & Patio, we have been designing, building, and maintaining inground pools for residential and commercial properties for more than 50 continuous years. While we can’t necessarily tell you whether or not you should add a pool to your backyard, we can tell you that our customers have found that owning a pool enhances their lifestyles and enjoyment of their properties in numerous ways. For example, as you weigh the pros and cons of having a pool, be sure to consider these compelling benefits:
- Pools create a gathering space where you can relax with friends and family. In today’s digital age, it can be difficult to break away from our smartphones and other devices to spend time outdoors and simply enjoy the company of loved ones. Swimming pools facilitate this much-needed social connection, providing a space for the whole family to talk, play, and unwind.
- Pools add beauty to your property. Whether you opt for a contemporary-style, geometric-shaped pool with a vanishing edge, a sprawling, resort-style pool with freeform boundaries, or anything in between, a pool will serve as a beautiful focal point that can be admired from other parts of your yard or even from inside the home. At Aqua Pool, we specialize in building inground gunite pools, which can be easily customized to suit any aesthetic.
- A pool may increase the value of your home. While it can be difficult to predict the preferences of buyers in your area at the time that you plan to sell your home, real estate experts estimate that an inground pool adds 5-8 percent to a home’s resale value.
- Pools provide a fun way to stay in shape. If you have a pool, you can skip the gym and perform your workout routine in your own backyard. In addition to swimming laps, there are several water aerobics exercises that you can do in your pool. Water aerobics offer a variety of benefits for physical and mental wellbeing, such as improved balance and flexibility, greater cardiovascular strength, better sleep, and reduced stress and anxiety.
- Having a pool can transform your home into a “staycation” destination. If you don’t have any upcoming trips planned, an at-home staycation is the perfect way to escape the stress of everyday life and feel like you’re on vacation whenever you want. Creating a luxurious setting around your pool—such as by adding comfortable seating, an attached hot tub, LED lighting and other features—will help give your backyard the feel of a high-end resort that you never want to leave.
As you consider whether building an inground pool is worthwhile for your family, it’s important to weigh the costs involved against the many benefits of ownership. At Aqua Pool, our high-quality gunite pools are the most cost-effective option for inground pools in the long run, as they are designed to last a lifetime—far longer than the average lifespans of fiberglass or vinyl pools. We also offer flexible financing options and customizable pool maintenance plans, helping to make the costs of building and owning a pool more manageable. Call us today at (860) 623-9886 to learn more!