If you’re thinking about investing in an asset that will bring your family years of relaxation and leisure, two options you might consider are swimming pools and recreational vehicles (RVs). While both offer their own benefits and unique experiences, there are several reasons why pools are likely to deliver greater satisfaction and a stronger return on investment in the long run.
Here are a few of the top reasons why having your own backyard pool is better than an RV:
- While RVs allow you to travel and explore various destinations, backyard pools are far more convenient, providing a luxurious escape as soon as you step outside—no need to pack supplies or map out driving routes.
- RVs may offer mobility, but they often come with the trade-off of limited privacy. Campgrounds and RV parks can be crowded and noisy, inhibiting your ability to fully unwind and enjoy the tranquility of nature. With a custom in-ground pool, you have complete privacy and the freedom to create a personal oasis tailored to your preferences.
- Long-term value and ROI. While the upfront costs of purchasing an RV and building a pool are similar—each may range from about $50,000 to $100,000, depending on quality, custom features, and many other factors—swimming pools generally yield a better value over time. For instance, having an RV not only requires you to maintain the vehicle (including the engine, axles, etc.), but also the ”home on wheels” aspects such as the interior fixtures, electrical, plumbing, and much more. Repairing and maintaining these elements can be much more expensive than the costs associated with owning a pool. Additionally, when traveling in an RV, you’ll likely have to pay a fee at each campsite you visit. On the other hand, a well-built swimming pool—such as the custom inground gunite pools that we design and build at Aqua Pool—should offer years of worry-free enjoyment without exorbitant maintenance costs.
- Health and wellness. Having your own backyard pool can bring a variety of health benefits that RVs don’t offer. Swimming is an excellent full-body, low-impact workout that promotes better cardiovascular health, muscle strength, and flexibility for people of all ages. In addition, spending time in and around water carries psychological benefits, including reduced stress and better sleep quality.
- Resale value. Like most vehicles, RVs generally begin depreciating in value as soon as they are purchased. By contrast, in-ground pools can potentially add 5-8 percent to your home’s resale value.
While swimming pools and RVs each offer their own unique benefits, pools may be the best choice for most families seeking to invest in an asset that will deliver years of fun and relaxation. To get started designing the custom inground pool of your dreams, call us today at (860) 623-9886!