If your swimming pool is structurally sound but in need of a facelift, a pool renovation may offer the ideal solution. Renovating your pool will give you a chance to incorporate the latest design trends, luxurious features, and newer, more energy-efficient systems—without having to incur the costs and inconvenience of replacing the pool entirely.
At Aqua Pool & Patio, we have performed countless pool renovations over the course of our 50+ years in business. If the time has come to give your pool a new look, our experts will pair state-of-the-art technology with creative design to improve not only your pool’s style, but its safety and functionality as well. Here are five pool renovation ideas to consider:
- Water features. From waterfalls to bubbling fountains to dramatic rain curtains, there are several different types of water features available to enhance any pool area. In addition to their eye-catching appearance, water features generate a pleasant, relaxing sound that can help drown out unwanted background noise.
- Fire features. As one of the most popular pool design trends in recent years, fire features in and around the pool create a sense of visual intrigue and can transform your backyard into a resort-like oasis. There are many options available for fire features, with popular choices including fire bowls, fire pits, and fire columns.
- LED lighting. Another feature commonly seen at high-end resorts, adding LED lighting to your pool is a relatively simple way to give it a more contemporary appearance. These energy-efficient lights—which are available in a variety of colors and are often color-changing—can be installed underwater and around the pool area to highlight landscaping, water features, or simply to create an enchanting glow.
- One of the most comprehensive ways to upgrade your pool’s appearance is to resurface its interior. In addition to fixing any wear and tear, resurfacing your pool is the perfect opportunity to choose a new interior paint color, tiles, and materials, thereby giving your pool a fresh look while significantly extending its lifespan.
- New systems. As with any other appliance in your home, your pool’s filtration and heating systems may eventually need to be replaced. Even if they are still functioning, you might want to consider upgrading to newer, more energy-efficient models, which will likely work more effectively while reducing your utility costs. For instance, if you still have a traditional chlorine system to clean your pool, upgrading to a saltwater system can help cut your maintenance costs and create a gentler, less irritating environment for swimming. Saltwater pools use a biological process to convert salt to chlorine, eliminating the need to add chlorine while still thoroughly sanitizing the water.
Is it time to give your pool new life? Visit us online to learn more about our pool renovation services, or call us at (860) 623-9886 to request a consultation!