As a homeowner, you likely have numerous different options when choosing service providers to perform maintenance and repairs on your property. Regardless of the type of service you need, you’ll probably find companies that range from inexpensive but inexperienced to reputable but costly and everything in between—and it can be difficult to determine which companies will offer the best results for the price.
As one of the most expensive and complex features on your property, in order to ensure that it stays in optimal condition for years to come. If you’re thinking about just hiring the least expensive option, first take a moment to consider the following reasons why using a qualified pool service company matters:
- An inexpensive service provider may need more visits to do the same job that a qualified provider does in one visit. Not only does this mean that you’ll end up paying more in the long run, but more importantly, your pool will be out of service for longer.
- If you have a gunite pool, it will last a lifetime if properly cared for. Would you take your new luxury car to the local gas station for service? Probably not—and yet, most people trade in their luxury vehicles every 3-5 years anyway. A custom gunite pool, on the other hand, is designed to last for 50 years or more, meaning that it’s even more important to only entrust a qualified service company to maintain it.
- A well-qualified company should arrive with a well-stocked van, or at least have ready access to all the parts they may need. If you hire “just anybody” and parts are needed, you will likely run into several questions: how long will it take to get those parts? Will there be down time for your pool? Do these less expensive companies have access to the parts and access to the manufacturer? A qualified company will likely be a “Warranty Station” for many manufacturers and have direct access to original equipment parts. On the contrary, cheap service companies will generally have to order parts—which will then require you to pay for return visits and wait before being able to use your pool again.
- When paying slightly higher prices for a qualified company, keep in mind that you are paying not just for their time, but also the knowledge they have accumulated through years of experience. Do you want the company learning on your pool, or do you want a service company that arrives with already trained technicians who get the job done quickly, properly, and at a fair price?
- A qualified pool company will save you time—which is ultimately the only thing you can’t buy more of. Due to their expertise, qualified companies will minimize the number of service visits you need and keep your pool in prime condition at all times so you can enjoy it to the fullest.
When choosing a company to care for your pool, keep in mind the following quote from writer John Ruskin: “It’s unwise to pay too much but it’s worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money…that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do.”
For a company that combines over five decades of experience with fair prices and quality service, call the professionals at Aqua Pool today at (860) 623-9886!